This dutch-style barn was built in 1910 and stood in a valley north of Pullman. It was in use until the early 1990s, when a windstorm blew the entire roof off.
This barn was once owned by the artist and her family. Five miles north of Pullman, WA near Rose Creek Road and the old schoolhouse, is the "Benedict Place". This barn was built in 1917 by William Benedict. A barn dance was held in celebration of it's completion. The primary use for was as a dairy barn.